* UNICEF confirmed that it will make purchase orders from HILINA’s new distribution office in KENYA.
* State Minister of Industry, Tadesse Haile, made a Visit to HILINA Enriched Foods Processing Center.
“ I am very much impressed with the progress HILINA has gone through. I can proudly say this good complex is organized as a world class agro-industry with all international quality standard parameters.
As a state Minister of Industry, i am confident this can be considered as a bench mark in the agro- industry sector in the Ethiopian industry in particular and the African industry in general. I have no more words to say than it is a world class competitive industry with all accredited testing laboratory. PLEASE KEEP IT UP. “
• Hilina opened a new Distribution Center in Kenya.
State Minister, Ministry of Industry
• Hilina started the production of Supplementary plumpy.
• Hilina increased its monthly production capacity to 1200MT.
• Hilina Foods became the 1st Ethiopian company to posses the ISO 22000: 2005 certification.
• UNICEF signed a long term agreement with Hilina for Plumpy Nut supply locally.
• UNICEF and MSF audit was completed successfully. Quality of product was attested.